I’m pleased to announce that NihongoUp Phone, the best mobile solution for a learner of the Japanese language, will soon be available to Windows Phone 7 users!
The application was made from scratch to best fit the Windows Phone 7 user experience and sports many cool features, both from existing NihongoUp software, and new ones developed specifically for Windows Phone.
Features on launch
- Hiragana, katakana, kanji, vocabulary, particles, counters, and transitive verb pairs quizzes
- Save unknown sentences, review later
- Hiragana & katakana pronunciation audio
- Japanese language cheat cards
- Convert text in romaji to hiragana (and send it as an SMS, email, or tweet)
- Translate between Japanese and over 30 languages, playback the translation
- Progress statistics & sync with your nihongoup.com account
Planned for future updates
- More cheat sheets
- More advanced statistics
- Voice recognition
- Kanji handwriting exercise
I am determined to make this the best Japanese language application not only for Windows Phone 7, but for any mobile platform, and so you can expect frequent updates and feature additions. If you have any suggestions or feature requests, please let me know in the comments or at the NihongoUp Forum and I’ll do my best to add them before the launch, or in one of the coming updates.