Japanese resources + contest
A news section of the NihongoUp site was launched. It’s called Japanese learning resources and, as the name suggests, it contains a list of quality desktop, mobile, online & print products for Japanese language students. Please check it out and if you’ll have any suggestions on how I could improve the page, please let me know in the comments.
To celebrate the launch of the new website, I’m organizing a contest! You can win some very interesting prizes, and there are many different ways to enter, so please read on to understand the competition guidelines.
1. NihongoUp Desktop ($4.99) + Human Japanese Desktop ($18.95) + eduFire Superpass ($29)
2. NihongoUp Desktop + Human Japanese Desktop
3. NihongoUp Desktop
1. NihongoUp Desktop + Human Japanese Desktop + eduFire Superpass
How to enter
Write a review of any resource included in the directory. Three reviews will be awarded with the aforementioned prizes. If you don’t see your favorite application, site or book, please suggest it in the comments. You can write the article in any language and in any media (blog, forum, newspaper, video, etc.) We love flattery, but it won’t play any role in the selection process—well-founded criticism is often much more helpful than mindless apple-polishing. You shouldn’t review your own product. The article must include a link to the resources page. You can submit several articles, but you can only win once. Please leave links to your posts, videos, or photos of printed articles in the comments.
To enter the “random choice” prize draw, do any of the following to get tokens. You will be entered once for every token. The more tokens you have, the higher your chance of winning.
1. Write a quality review of any resource included in the directory following the rules for “best reviews” to get 1 token. If you’ll review NihongoUp, Human Japanese or eduFire, you’ll get 2 more tokens and your article may be featured in the testimonials section of the respective sites. Also, I love creativity, and I may give away bonus tokens to those who manage to surprise me with their ideas.
2. Tweet about this contest with the #jprcon hash tag to get 1 token. The tweet must link to this page. Only one tweet/account will be counted.
2.Become a fan of NihongoUp at Facebook and interact! Comment, post to the discussion board, etc. Interesting and valuable comments/posts will get tokens.
The contest deadline is 14th December 2009.
If you have any questions, please post them in the comments.
UPDATE: The contest is over. Winners will be announced later this week.
UPDATE: And the winners are:
– Best review: Smart.fm, Updated and Excellent
– 2nd best review: Live Learning/Teaching with EduFire
– 3rd best review: Quiero aprender japonés YA! O.O
– Random choice: NihongoUp – Japanese Forum